So many new entrepreneurs have risen to the surface and I am super excited about it. Its such a blessing to watch so many people take their financial futures into their own hands. The unfortunate thing is that many of the new entrepreneurs are lacking a few pieces of wisdom that I would like to share here:
1. Although you’re creative and God gave you the idea, you may not be the best person to pitch your products.
If you lack sales skills someone else needs to sale for you and there’s nothing wrong with that.
2. Your brand isn’t about you. Just because YOU like certain colors and fonts doesn’t mean it’s good for branding.
Your brand is about designing it in a way to attract people to you to buy from you!
You are not buying from yourself
3. Your friends and family aren’t your target customer!
So don’t get upset when they don’t buy everything you’re selling.
4. You potentially will fail before you succeed. Even if you kill it out the gate, a season will come where it won’t be as easy.
This doesn’t make you a failure, it means you’re learning.
5. Never stop learning, reading and investing. What you knew yesterday probably won’t work in a year. Surround yourself with innovative people AND younger people.
Especially fresh out of college. They have learned some things you dunno.
Be humble and willing to learn from them.