Being called an industry leader means you’ve managed to develop a reputation in the community for having expert knowledge within your industry niche. We all know that there are HUGE benefits that come along with having this title. You have to enjoy the benefits such as profits, brand loyalty and a wide scope of market.
With the TikTok platform used by millions of people, there are a couple of business owners dominating and savoring their success in the said platform. Now, maybe you’re asking yourself, Do I have what it takes to dominate my industry on Tiktok? How will I become one?
Let me share how I could help you to become an Industry Leader on TikTok and make more money in your business!
5 Simple Steps to Become an Industry Leader on Tiktok
Tiktok is by far the hottest place to grow your business in 2022 and we can help you grow too by following these simple steps.
1. Find out what people in your industry are doing on TikTok.
Once you are on the TikTok App, it shows you the TikTok feed, search for what other industry leaders are doing in their own industries.
If you’re a business coach like me, type in business coach or financial coach and start binge-watching top videos that come up that have the most likes, comments and the most views.
Get a sense of what type of content they are creating and their ideas on what are the best things they are doing in their industry.
2. In-depth research of your competitors
When you’re starting out, it’s important to research your competitors and figure out how they’re doing things so that you can stand out in the crowd.
- Go to your competitor’s personal profile and watch their content.
- Hover over to the comments section to see what their followers are thinking and that you can also position yourself as an industry leader.
This will help you determine what types of content are most effective for your audience so that when people search for those keywords in your industry, they’ll find what they’re looking for!
3. Determine how you are going to show up.
Now, it’s time for you to create an outline of what it is you’re going to be doing on the Tiktok platform. It is important for you to determine what you will do and what you won’t do on TikTok! You have to find what it is that makes you unique and special.
You have to:
- Know what your brand will do and your brand won’t do and how you want to show up on the platform.
- Show people that you really know what you are doing.
- Start creating an outline of the topics that you want to cover in your TikTok videos!
- Share content regularly, start out with short videos that your audience can relate to and love to want more content from you.
4. Optimize your profile
Optimize your profile so that people know more about who they are following and why they should follow them.
- Create a name and username handle that is easy to remember and has a unique impact on the audience.
- Update your bio with details on who you are, who you serve and how you are going to serve your audience. I shared this tip in one of my TikTok videos about focusing on educating your target audience and not on large followings.
You need to optimize your profile for maximum effectiveness—so that you’re both showing up where people want to see you and not showing up where they don’t want to see you, too.
5. Start creating content on a daily basis.
- Record your 15 to 20 second videos teaching on a specific topic that can position yourself by educating people.
- Choose a topic or a question that allows people to answer and engage in your content. Be a leader in the comments section.
- Make sure your content is relevant and interesting for your audience so that you can generate more leads and ultimately turn into revenue. It’s never too late to use TikTok for your Business.
But keep in mind that if you’re going to be an industry leader, lead with your topics and make sure to be ready to play the long game. It’s not going to be a one time sudden blow up and viral post, it needs dedication and commitment for longevity and gaining more traffic in the long run.
The main takeaway is that if you want to be an industry leader on TikTok, you have to actually show up as a leader. You have to know what people need and want, and you have to do things that nobody else is doing.